Not Blocking Ads Fresh Install w/ Docker-Compose

Expected Behaviour:

Block ads, not nothing is being blocked.

I have a fresh Raspberry Pi OS (2020-05-27) installed and updated, running on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. I have also followed the guides for installing Docker and Docker-Compose. I have only edited the time zone in the docker-compose.yml file and changed the DNS settings on the Arris SBG8300:
Gateway > Connection > Local IP Network > IPv4: Primary DNS 192.168.0.38 (static address of the Pi) and Secondary DNS is zeroed out. IPv6 for both primary and secondary are zeroed out as well.

Modem/Router setup: Arris SBG8300 (customer owned) > extended with TP-Link Archer A7. The Archer A7 is in "Access Point Mode" so should not be serving up DNS queries. Something is serving up DNS queries.

Pi is connected to the Archer A7 using WiFi and not using an Ethernet connection.

Running via docker-compose as a non-sudo user, but granted privileges via sudo usermod -aG docker your-user. Running the docker-compose up command from /home/ruser/Downloads/docker folder. Can access the admin portal via a web browser and can successfully log-in. The queries are not blocked and the stats show only one query blocked.

Noted these lines in the docker-compose.yml CLI response - not certain if this is anything:
pihole | [i] Installing configs from /etc/.pihole...
pihole | [i] Existing dnsmasq.conf found... it is not a Pi-hole file, leaving alone!
[✓] Copying 01-pihole.conf to /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf
pihole | chown: cannot access '': No such file or directory
pihole | chmod: cannot access '': No such file or directory
pihole | chown: cannot access '/etc/pihole/dhcp.leases': No such file or directory

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Actual Behaviour:

Not blocking ads and no changes in pi-hole statistics.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/96yedjpm0c

Partially solved by OP. Still leaking IPv6 DNS queries.

1. Re-imaged a fresh install on RPi3B+ again.
  2. Connected RPi3B+ using Ethernet.
  3. Skipped all wi-fi set-up on initial boot.
  4. Install docker via the convenience script.
  5. Install docker via the pip command.
  6. Configure the docker-compose.yml for time zone.
  7. Edited router settings on the Arris SBG8300 for IPv4.
  8. Configured RPi3B+ with static IP address on Arris SBG8300.

To Do: Anyone know what the settings for IPv6 are for the Arris SBG8300 to disable or point to the Pi-Hole?
When I enter the statically configured addresses of 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 for both primary and secondary IPv6 LAN DNS it keeps reverting back to "Obtain Automatically" so I am still leaking IPv6 queries.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.