No internet connection on devices that move to different access points

Hey all,

Expected Behaviour:

Before enabling pi-hole on the network, moving around the house happened with no issues - I was able to come upstairs and use the phone continuously.
Wanting to use the pi as the DHCP server, and DNS server, I've disabled DHCP on the main gateway router, and enabled it on the pi.
Everything is working perfectly EXCEPT any device which is portable and moves between access points.
I should be able to move around the house freely without having to worry about losing internet completely when walking upstairs.

Actual Behaviour:

Since enabling pi-hole, everything works fine when downstairs on 1/2 access points, but the second you walk to the third floor of the house to another access point, mobile devices will lose internet/stop resolving addresses. They'll have full wifi, but until you disconnect wifi and reconnect it, you can't resolve anything on the phone.
What's even odder - when in this state, the phones will still receive iMessages and other messages - and I can confirm they're doing this over wifi, not cellular (disabled mobile data).
So I feel like this is a dns issue - I've tried observing the logs and having them tail in real time as I walk around from the 2nd floor to the 3rd, but didn't see anything that jumped out to me.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/neNRk8J5/

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.