No internet after turning off and on (example: sudo shutdown or power outage)

No internet after turning off and on (example: sudo shutdown or power outage)
Sudo restart does not cause this problem.
I am using raspberry pi zero, I have a lan usb network adapter
The solution to the problem is to manually disconnect and connect the lan usb card.
I use cloudflared doh but before installation was also a problem
Additionally I have set in timesyncd.conf [Time]
NTP = 0.europe.pool.ntp.org 1.europe.pool.ntp.org 2.europe.pool.ntp.org 3.europe.pool.ntp.org because I thought it was a problem with ntp but probably not.
Why is this happening? Any idea?

what's the output of sudo systemctl status pihole-FTL.service when the outage occurs ?

I do not know how to check it because ssh does not work. "no route to host"

Your problem is with the interface in this case.

This could be due to a sub-par power supply that cannot handle the requirement at boot time.

Definitely your issue is related to that USB network adapter though ...

It seems it does not start properly at boot time ...

I will add that it does not help to pull the cable from the router, you must have the lan adapter removed from the USBbotg cable and re-inserted, so you can restore the Internet

so it's a poor card?
Product: brand new, high quality
Compatible with: USB 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0
Chipset: Realtek
Speed: 10 / 100Mbps
Supported systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Widnows 10 32bit / 64bit, Linux
Total length: 44cm
Internal MAC address and radio station
Half Duplex support
Full Duplex Flow Control support (full flow control - IEEE 802.3x standard)
Plug & play - just connect to the USB port and install drivers from the internal memory

If the device does not initiate, then removing the cable from it, has no effect.

Removing it from the USB and plugging it back in has they OS refresh the USB connection and initiate drivers for the connected device.

You can troubleshoot and try to re-scan the USB once powered on ...

See if any of these commands work for you.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=303154

or maybe:

If yes, you can create a crontab that will execute the usb refresh @reboot or maybe a little delayed ...

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.