No DNS resolution after install

I have exactly the same issue. It just can't resolve any internet address after pi-hole installation. It breaks something during installation.

Please send us the token generated by

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Pi-hole $ ./pihole -d
./pihole: line 22: /opt/pihole/COL_TABLE: No such file or directory
./pihole: line 22: /opt/pihole/COL_TABLE: No such file or directory
./pihole: line 50: /opt/pihole/piholeDebug.sh: No such file or directory

web interface dosen't work as well

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

edit nameserver 127.0.0.1 to nameserver 9.9.9.9 or your preferred third party DNS service, save and exit

Run pihole -r and select repair.

/etc/resolv.conf file was empty so I've added nameserver 9.9.9.9 to it and resolving became working. But after running reconfiguration using pihole -r, resolv.conf file have nameserver 127.0.0.1 and resolving doesn't work again. I followed everything in instruction but seems like pihole doesn't work out of the box. What I'm doing wrong here?

since uploading debug log didnt work I uploaded it to pastbin https://pastebin.com/qL0cR3zE

You have a number of problems, not all related to Pi-Hole. Looking in your debug log:

No IPv4 or IPv6 IP addresses assigned to the Pi.

The Pi can't reach your router for network connectivity.

The gravity list is empty.

What is the ouptut of ip address from the Pi terminal?

If this doesn't show an IP address, then you need to fix that first.

Then try to repair again:

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

edit nameserver 127.0.0.1 to nameserver 9.9.9.9 or your preferred third party DNS service, save and exit

Run pihole -r and select repair.

Thanks, I was able to make it work finally so I'm marking this topic as solved. But it is still brakes domain names resolving after installing pihole on raspberry from scratch. Probably someone needs to look into this closer. Let me know if I can be any help with reproducing the issue.

What did you have to do to make it work? I just did a clean install on a Pi from scratch, with no problems.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.