No admin password screen shows up!

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

I should be getting a page that shows installation is complete and should show me the admin password

Actual Behaviour:

The script ends here:

I am running OMV 3.0 on raspberry pi 3. Installation seems to get halted. Port conflict exists (openmediavault webui runs on port 80, tried changing it to 80** in lighttpd.conf, but results in more errors: [ERROR] There are no domain lists generated lists within /etc/pihole/! Please update gravity by running pihole -g, or repair Pi-hole using pihole -r. Running pihole -g results in more errors.)

Also, dnsmasq resulted in error on line 37 of 01-pihole.conf (something related to log, uncommented it, then dnsmasq started running again)
pihole-ftl service also returns inactive state.

Weird thing, when I replaced the dns on my router (it was the first installation, I thought it got installed), it logged me out of my isp portal, I had to relogin again. Note sure if it's relevant.

Debug Token:

q6zaw96yo5

Can you move the openmediavault web interface to a different port?

See the updates on the blog post to update dnsmasq:
https://pi-hole.net/2018/02/14/pi-hole-v3-3-released-its-extra-special/

Hello, thanks for the reply. It solved most of the problem!

dnsmasq package was at fault. I updated it using the blog post and ran pihole -r and voila! It showed me 'installation complete".

I changed the port for pihole (maybe cause it was easier than changing for omv, idk) and the admin screen showed up.

I changed the dns and set it to my raspi's ip address, but the admin interface shows only one client (weird), also, my isp logs me out again, on changing dns (again, weird).

Anyways, thanks for the reply! You're the man!

EDIT: Ok, so now pihole shows me 1 client is connected, and querying the log results that the connected device is raspi itself (it's running bittorrent). So there's no ad-blocking on other devices.
I manually changed dns server of my laptop, then pihole dashboard showed 2 clients detected, but still no adblocking. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Run pihole -d for a debug token.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.