New feature - client whitelist

Hi,
is there possibility to add client whitelist, so anybody could sign in, and you have to type password to use pi , or to whitelist client's IPs.
Kindly Regards
W4RL0CK

There is a password already added by default for new installs. You can't whitelist IP addresses, because Pi-hole translates domain names to IP addresses.

I think @wojcik13 want a list that only permits certain local IPs to be able to log into the Pi-hole, i.e., clients that access the dashboard and which are not white listed are not even able to proceed to the login page but will face a message that they are not allowed to log in.

I mean a list allowed ips to connect to dns server, because some random people connect, and I want to prevent attacks from my dns

Okay, this screams for installing a firewall. Please note that an open DNS server is a significant threat. Use a VPN for your use case!

1 Like

also use the setting under the webgui and under dns advanced make sure to select listen on all interfaces but only allow requests from one hop away

Note that this will only work with a recent version of dnsmasq, so if the VM is running Debian Jessie / Wheezy it might not work as expected.

Also maybe a firewall rule with a whitelist to only allow port 53 from approved clients. More work, but works.