NET_ADMIN in Docker Swarm

This is great, and almost what I need! However, I'm running containers in a Docker Swarm and I can't add the NET_ADM capability to a container, the option is ignored. I haven't tried if host network mode works, but will do that tonight. However, I'm fairly certain that DHCP broadcasts are not picked up by the dhcphelper container anyway without NET_ADM. Would you know of a way to make this also work in a Swarm?

Thanks in advance for your advice! I'm kind of new to Docker and Docker Swarm, so I might be missing something super obvious..

I think it is a docker limitation to not allow NET_ADMIN in swarm because swarm is multi-host software.

macvlans however are like network host mode but a little more complex/powerful and according to news I quickly googled it is supported by swarm.

Also see : Docker DHCP and Network Modes - Pi-hole documentation

@diginc Thanks! If that's the recommended way to go then I'll give that a try. I'll keep you informed.

I noticed and had already read the docker/DHCP config page, but it didn't say anything about Docker Swarm. I'll post back if I get it running.