Need serious help.

Bit of background: brother put a pihole for our Network, works well but causes problems for Hulu app on devices like Amazon fire stick which my parents use, not the website itself. I have NO clue what I'm doing. He refuses to ever fix it when he returns home(he's moved out), stating that I need to learn how to do it myself. Okay, decided tonight I would. I go on the pihole, I'm getting acquainted with how it works, commands, etc. (I have NO programming experience). I see update and figure that maybe it just needs to update, I run the command and it seemingly updates except for the FTL? And now dnsmasq can't run, and I can't fix it through the pihole because my brother set it up that for the Internet to work at all it needs to go through the pihole, but if that isn't working, then I can't even use the pihole itself, so I'm posting this from my phone.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

You can temporarily bypass the pihole by inputting alternate DNS servers (Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1) or (Google 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) into your main router or on the devices themselves to restore connectivity until the moderators here can assist you. Hope this helps and good luck.

If you havent changed your router dns and ran for the hills yet.

Follow that ^^ with

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
sudo pihole -up

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.