need help pihole dont get response from dns

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Expected Behaviour:

the pihole is installed on a ubuntu 20 machine connected to a ubiquiti router

Actual Behaviour:

pihole is working fine and then when I open a browser whit 8 pages it crash and dont resolve, dont get response for the forwarder request, try dig and dont get response when the problem is present other time it work fine

Debug Token:

Your debug token is: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/k4zh1gudjb

You only need 2 (at most) upstream resolvers. Don't tick every box just because.

You'll also need to check your networking, one of the upstreams you have chosen does not work (google) and that's pretty important to have working:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] aff.naughtyconnect.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] aff.naughtyconnect.com is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (10.0.0.10)
[✗] Failed to resolve doubleclick.com via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)
1 Like

thank you for your help

changing the number upstream, I change it because of the problem think some one is not working but have the same result

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/nod2kdbkkd

Failed to resolve doubleclick.com via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)
this happen went it dont resolve or when the problem happen

other times it pass
*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] waterdiepattern6.live is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] waterdiepattern6.live is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (10.0.0.10)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 172.217.2.206 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

dont understand what is happening I change noting before I have the pi on a virtual machine and dont fail then I get a NUC and want to run in it but now this happen

If it works and then doesn't work and then works again the problem is in your network.

any suggestion where to check because I didn't change any thing just the vm to a real machine

every time I reload the browser whit like 20 pages the problem came up

Changing from a VM to a NUC is a big change. Did you properly update the static IP address for the NUC and for Pi-hole? Does the NUC have a consistent network connection? Is there a new route for the NUC vs the VM? Did the VM's hypervisor handle routing that needs to be done differently now that you're using a dedicated device?

thank you so much, think the router is doing a loop reverting all on it and configure it again appear to solve the problem on test now to see if the problem is solve, loading the 20 pages browser seem to work now

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.