Need Help - : Could not update local repository. Contact support

Hello

Issue / Problem
I am seeing the following Error when running sudo pihole -up

: Could not update local repository. Contact support.

Potential Cause
Could this be to do with the fact that I have added the 'SpeedTest Mod' to my PiHole dashboard?

From the log below I can see that the 'Web Interface' is the only thing that requires updating.

Additional information from the command line
Below is a full read out from the command line when I runsudo pihole -up

$ pihole -up
[i] Checking for updates...
[i] Pi-hole Core: up to date
[i] Web Interface: update available
[i] FTL: up to date

[i] Pi-hole Web Admin files out of date, updating local repo.
[✓] Check for existing repository in /var/www/html/admin
[i] Update repo in /var/www/html/admin...
: Could not update local repository. Contact support.

Please could someone advise me on how to fix this. Thank you :slight_smile:

Please generate a debug log, upload when prompted and post the token here. This will give us details of your installation.

Thanks for the reply @jfb

Here is my debug token - https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/9o8w1vi1ox

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @jfb,

Is this something you are still able to help me with?

Was you able to access the debug token OK?

I am not familiar with the speedtest mod, but this may be the source of the problem. Your debug log doesn't show any problems that should prevent Pi-Hole from updating.

The speedtest mod changes the admin repository to use another remote upstream. It is not compatible with the pihole -up process.

1 Like

@DanSchaper

Thanks for the reply Dan,

Where does this leave me, does this mean there is no way for me to upgrade my pihole?

Does this mean if I want to move to the newest pihole I must format the SD card and reinstall the whole system?

Would removing the the speedtest mod and then running pihole -up be an option?

This is worth a try. After you remove it, you can run pihole -r and select repair and if that completes then you should be able to update. If not, we can try walking you through clearing out your local repository and drawing a fresh new one.

I would also contact the person who wrote and maintains the SpeedTest mod and see if they can help you get your Pi-Hole updated.

1 Like

Ask the maintainer of the speed test modification. They wrote the script that changed the repository to be off the Pi-hole maintained one. They should be able to tell you how to fix the situation their script put you in.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.