My ipad is connected to pihole but wont block certain ads

Expected Behaviour:
All if not most ads should be blocked. Please include as much detail as possible including, but not limited to:
iPadOS 17.5.1
iPad Pro m4 128gb 11in

Actual Behaviour:
It only seems to block certain ads, I went on to adblock tester and it scored 68, where as my windows computer is connected and scored 96. The ipad only has 1 dns server which is the pi-hole

Debug Token
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/Jy8xCJOU/

Your Pi-hole device is connected via wifi, but Pi-hole has been configured to use ethernet, Fix this by going to a terminal on the Pi-hole device and running the command

pihole -r

and selecting Reconfigure and follow the prompts, selecting wifi when prompted to choose the interface. Ensure that the Pi-hole's wifi IP address (192.168.1.21) doesn't change, it looks like it's getting the address from the router so you can perhaps add an IP reservation for it in the router so it always gets the same address

Your router is the DHCP server and is giving itself (the router) to clients to use as the DNS server. Log in to your router and change this to be the Pi-hole address. Once done, take clients off and back on the network to pick up the new settings.

I just reconfigured it, i cant give it a static ip as of now, but i do plan to. The adblocking is still restricted on my ipad. Using d3ward adblock test my pc displays a score of 99 but my ipad displays a score of 58. This is with the ipad's dns server being the pi hole with no other dns server.

That ad test shows domains that were tested. See if any got through (coloured red) and click one to copy it, and then on the Pi-hole web interface go to Tools > Search Adlists, paste in the URL and click Search exact match. If it shows as blocked then Pi-hole is blocking it, which means your iPad bypassed Pi-hole even if you think it shouldn't be able to.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.