Monitor and get list of URLs of websites visited?

The issue I am facing: I'd like to get a list of the website's I'm currently visiting. Ideally it would be accessible as plain text via a bash or python script. Is this something Pi Hole can do?

Details about my system: I am running Qubes OS qubes-os.org, so I can install Pi Hole in a debian or fedora virtual machine.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole: nothing, I haven't installed it yet.

No.
Pi-hole doesn't see URLs. Pi-hole only sees Domains.

1 Like

Pi-hole records DNS queries only (domain names), and then only if you have configured it to keep records. This information is retained both in an SQL database (/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db) and in a dnsmasq log at /var/log/pihole/pihole.log.

You can use SQL queries (for the database) or Linux grep commands (log) to extract the data.

Note that this is DNS queries and domains only. You may have queried for a domain, but not visited the domain. Or, you may have visited https://somewebsite/pathonthesite/index.htm. Pi-hole will record only the DNS query for somewebsite and nothing else.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.