Mesh Admin Page Issue

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

[Ability to connect to Admin page regardless of location in home with AIMesh system using 3 Asus gt-ax11000 routers]

Actual Behaviour:

[Only able to connect to admin page when closest to router that has the pihole plugged into it]

Just set up my pihole today and it works great.... when I’m in range of the router the pi is connected to. I have a mesh network set up with 3 Asus Gx11000 routers in AIMesh that works flawlessly any other time. Here’s my issue:

I have 3 routers: 1 - connected to the modem downstairs 2- upstairs in the bedroom connected to the pihole 3 - basement

When I’m in the bedroom where the pihole is set up, I can connect to the admin page no issue. However, if I go downstairs, I can no longer connect to the admin page? Any ideas on what could be causing this? I’ve set the DNS on my router to the pihole’s as well as set the DNS on any device I’m trying to connect to the admin page to the pihole’s so there should be no issues.

Can you make a quick sketch of this network, snap a photo of it and paste into a reply?

Which router/node is providing DHCP. Are they all on the same IP range and SSID? How is the Pi-Hole connected into the network?

Router%20Diagram

Let me know if this helps, the main router itself is providing DHCP but it umbrellas each of the nodes. All on the same SSID and IP Range, basically acts as one big network and going upstairs to downstairs it seamlessly switches what node you're connected to, still on the same network so I'm not sure what's causing the issue that I can only access the admin page while upstairs. Pi-Hole is connected via ethernet to the node in the bedroom upstairs

For troubleshooting purposes, connect the Pi-Hole to the main router.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.