Lost Connection to Router

Hey Pi-Hole Team!

So I have run into an interesting issue that I didn't understand fully until today. Long story short, the router I have (Verizon Fios G1100) has been set as follows:

• DNS Set to 192.168.1.201 (Pi-Hole)
  • DHCP Server disabled
  • Static IP set to 192.168.1.201 (Pi-Hole)

My Pi-Hole is set as follows:

• DHCP Server Enabled

The Issue...

Basically, what I have found out is that the only way to get my device to work as a DHCP server is to first enable the DHCP server on my router, then restart my Pi-Hole device, and then disable the router DHCP server.

The problem is that then after the assigned 1440 minutes (24 hours), or a restart, the device self-disconnects breaking everything else and the process has to be repeated.

What am I missing here? There's got to be something that I am doing wrong here that would make it so it doesn't stay connected correctly?

I did attempt to set it up as a static IP on the device not just on the router through the Ubuntu 16.04 settings. It hasn't been 24 hours so I don't know if that will fix it (Device is set to a static IP of 192.168.1.201 / Mask: 255.255.255.0 / Router: 192.168.1.1 via Ethernet) but otherwise? What am I doing?

Debug Token:

73ptmzuapo

It sounds like the Pi-hole device does not have a static IP set, and is using the DHCP lease from the router until the lease runs out.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.