Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!
I have had pihole up for several months with no issue, Router lost power( power cord was disconnected) and since that time I receive the message that I was unable to see FLT online and noticed the message lost connection to API
sudo service pihole-FTL status
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service pihole-FTL status
● pihole-FTL.service - LSB: pihole-FTL daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/pihole-FTL; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (exited) since Fri 2020-01-10 15:00:34 CST; 2h 13min ago
Process: 396 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/pihole-FTL start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
Jan 10 15:00:27 raspberrypi systemd: Starting LSB: pihole-FTL daemon…
Jan 10 15:00:28 raspberrypi pihole-FTL: Not running
Jan 10 15:00:34 raspberrypi su: Successful su for pihole by root
Jan 10 15:00:34 raspberrypi su: + ??? root:pihole
Jan 10 15:00:34 raspberrypi su: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user pihole by (uid=0)
Jan 10 15:00:34 raspberrypi pihole-FTL: dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use
Jan 10 15:00:34 raspberrypi systemd: Started LSB: pihole-FTL daemon.
I noticed the entry regarding Port 53, and suspect this is the issue.
This is the results from lsof. I saw a few threads where named was bound to port 53.
I’m confused by the following, I’m not sure what this indicates. I thought this means that there is just a service listening on port 53. Could someone clear this up for me? I did attempt to kill that PID but that did not have much affect.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo lsof -i :53
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
unbound 615 unbound 3u IPv6 12829 0t0 UDP localhost:domain
unbound 615 unbound 4u IPv6 12830 0t0 TCP localhost:domain (LISTEN)
unbound 615 unbound 5u IPv4 12831 0t0 UDP localhost:domain
unbound 615 unbound 6u IPv4 12832 0t0 TCP localhost:domain (LISTEN)
I have searched through the various, similar threads attempting to utilize the suggestions there but have not been able to get any headway
on the web interface dashboard I expect to see graphs indicating blocked Adds
I see spinning arrows instead of graphs and “lost connection to api” at the top of the page.