Logging in to pyhole with static IP address

Hello Pi-hole users,

I used to have a different internet provider with different router model (device A). Recently, my landlord changed internet provider without me knowing, therefore we have now new provider with their own router (device B).

Device A, to which my Pyhole was connected working fine till then, stopped working after 2 weeks after the change. I was forced to plug the Pyhole to device B. Problem is, I cannot now SSH into my Pyhole, because of old IP (ethernet cable is blinking, but it´s not visible on the router and you cannot login to it).

I had that problem before, so I knew I should connect to my Pyhole with ethernet cable, set the static IP address, subnet and default gateway of the old router (device A) and I should be able to log in.

I made an error in my notes and wrongly wrote down default gateway same as IP.

I tried manually switching all 255 ports because I was pretty much sure, it must have been the last, fourth part of the default gateway I wrote down wrong - to no avail. IP Address I know for 100 percent is correct, subnet mask was 99 percent 255.255.255.0, but default gateway - I am not sure at this point.

When I try to ssh in, it just says "connection refused".

So my question is: is there any way to get into your pyhole without knowing the precise Default gateway?

I need to get to "armbian-config"/"Network/Ip" wand then select DHCP - after that I should be able to set it up with my new Router (Device B).

If there is a way (and I DO hope there is), please, explain it in a great detail (I am pretty much newbie with these things).

Thanks beforehand.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.