Logging domains, but not clients.

Hi,

I see pi-hole by default has some levels of logging, but not the level I want that is logging domains but not logging clients ip's.

How can I achieve that?

Cheers,

You can't. But you can vote for the relevant feature request:

I know that by default I can't. My question was, which files should I modify to enable this?

There is not a single file to edit. This feature hasn't been implemented (yet). To get what you want you have to edit the source code, probably on many places. The source code is publicly available online on github.

P. S. If you succeed modifying it, it would be great if you could make a pull request to the repo so others can benefit as well.

All logging is done at sqlite DB's right ?

Yes, at least for the long-term database (/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db) . A certain amount of time (24h if I remember correctly) is hold in memory (partly additionally).

If you are just interested in the long term data, easiest would probably be to add a trigger to the database, deleting (replacing) the client data on inserting new queries.

Add
Logging does also happen at /var/log/pihole.log but can be disabled.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.