Local DNS entry: List of local CNAME Records: entry not listed in the GUI

When I add entries to "Local CNAME Records" nothing is displayed in the List of local CNAME records BUT i have verified that entries gets added to the file 05-pihole-custom-cname.conf and everything is working fine besides that the entries is not displayed in the GUI

In the "DNS records" tab this is working fine, everything i am adding gets displayed in the GUI

Running Pihole in docker on a Synology NAS with versions, Pihole v5.14.2 FTL v5.20 Web Interface v5.18

Please post some screen captures showing what you see. In this forum, you can paste or upload images directly into your reply with no need for third party image servers.

Also, please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

I ran the "Generate Debug Log" in Web interface and got the token: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/zuKyl60u/

This is a screenshot with GUI and putty showing the content of the file 05-pihole-custom-cname.conf

How did you start your container?
Please post the compose file (or docker command) used to start it, including volumes information.

My docker compose file

version: "3"
services:
  pihole:
    image: pihole/pihole
    container_name: pihole
    hostname: pihole
    networks:
      macvlan01: # same as network specified below
        ipv4_address: 10.10.30.40 # the IP of the pihole container
    volumes:
      - /volume1/docker/pihole/dnsmasq.d:/etc/dnsmasq.d
      - /volume1/docker/pihole/pihole:/etc/pihole
    ports:
      - "53:53/tcp"
      - "53:53/udp"
      - "1010:1010"
    environment:
      - WEB_PORT=1010
      - WEBPASSWORD=secretpassword
      - FTLCONF_LOCAL_IPV4=10.10.30.40
      - TZ=Europe/Stockolm
      - DNSMASQ_USER=root
      - DNSMASQ_LISTENING=all
    restart: unless-stopped

networks:
  macvlan01:   # externally created network
    external: true

Turns out it was read permission problem on dnsmasq.d catalouge and 05-pihole-custom-cname.conf