Let me laptop run all night random DNS queries/questions?

so i accidentally left my laptop on, which i am sort of glad i did as I noticed weird patterns in DNS queries. the laptop even though no one was touching it would call out every hour on the hour
I am in the midsts of sorting through all of them but I would like your feedback on the few that I found the major one is this
client.wns.windows.com
DB6SCH102091305.wns.windows.com (the numbers can be anything before the .wns i found many of them)

based on this link i found it says its good. however i dont think these address are mandatory as I don't care about tiles and toast things

on the other hand I found another article here telling me it is telemetry which is exactly what i was thinking it was. I would like your feedback on this , i will most likely be blocking these

i am unsure of these any insight would be great? and what websites do you use to get this information so i don't have to bother everyone in the future :stuck_out_tongue:
disc401-prod.do.dsp.mp.microsoft.com
b.config.skype.com
array403-prod.do.dsp.mp.microsoft.com
www.msftconnecttest.com - i believe this one if i read right, your computer and android go to this test domain to see if you have an internet connection if it can't get to it it will display a limited icon for networking
crashlytics.com - most likely analytics just by the name
tinkerman.cat - looks to be maybe advertising https://www.threatcrowd.org/domain.php?domain=tinkerman.cat
kinsight-event.kakao.com
www.hypestat.com - more stats

android-quinoa-config-prod.sense360eng.com - maybe i am infected based on md5 hashes in threadcrowd

others i have which i am completely baffled about
"nzqoomddttqtn" this isn't even a domain? how is it in here?
xscypide - same with this one
ejsorwbw

I have the same thing, you don't have a virus, it's just something the OS does.

2 Likes

interesting! I like the read thanks for your feedback