Just asking why I am seeing this

The issue I am facing:
I am seeing this now and then and am just curious.

Details about my system:
RasPi 2B.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
It just happens now and then.

See picture.

in 60 seconds
Is the RUB for me.
So when I turn on my TV (that is who that IP address is) it queries the internet > 1000 times in 60 seconds?
:confused:
But not always.

(Where's the elephant?)
(aka: what am I missing?)

What make and model TV is it? Try searching for it and seeing if others (eg those running firewalls or Pi-holes) are seeing queries too. It's most likely that the TV really is doing that. Some smart TVs (and other devices like Roku) generate a lot of queries trying to phone home to report stats or check for updates. Pi-hole just reports what it sees.

1 Like

You are seeing this because that client has made queries that exceeded the rate limit.

Look in your query log and see what has been requested by that client.

You can also run this SQL command to see all the domains queried by that client in the past 24 hours:

pihole-FTL sqlite3 /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db "SELECT domain FROM queries WHERE client='192.168.17.9' AND timestamp>='$(($(date +%s) - 86400))'" | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r

1 Like

Samsung Smart TV.

Ok, so it isn't unusual for this to happen.

It is blocked from internet access. It is basically a display for me.
Any smart stuff happens on other devices that send it the HDMI signal.

I'm not really going to worry. I was just ..... interested (?) that it is happening.

A question: Isn't that logfile running out of space on the sdcard ?
Just ignoring the polls cound end up in an "out of space" scenario, right ?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.