Is there anyway to pick 2 DNS provider and select it for a specific device?

When i play apple music, it suddenly stop after awhile of playing. For more specific, when a song is playing on apple music, duration for it is 3:50, it will stop playing somewhere in between 0:00 and 3:50. After awhile, i figure out that it happen because of opendns, googledns. When i’m switching to cloudflare, the problem stop happening. I also try unbound and it make apple music suddenly stop just like googledns and opendns

My question is there anyway to use 2 dns provider from my pi-hole on raspberry pi. I want my device playing apple music will use cloudflare, and others device will use opendns.

Is there any configuration I can do on pi-hole webpage to use 2 dns at the same time and choose different device? If it have something to do with code, please give me a head to toe instruction to follow.

I want all of me device to use pi-hole but with different dns provider on pi-hole.

My system is: raspberry pi 3B+, pihole version 5.3.1, admin LTE version 5.5.1, FTL version 5.8.1

Thank you for your help.

It is only possible by manually editing Pi-hole's config files and allowing some devices to not use Pi-hole as their DNS server.

Here is a good description of using tags to accomplish this in the dnsmasq configuration files. Be careful when editing the files one mis-configuration and dnsmasq may not load.

Note that those manual solution approaches would require that Pi-hole is also handling DHCP (in addition to DNS) in your network.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.