Is there a problem with one of the list on pi-hole

[i] Target: hosts-file.net (ad_servers.txt)
[✗] Status: Connection Refused
[✗] List download failed: using previously cached list

Hi

Thanks for that but I would still like that list ok it won't be updated but could still be useful. does anyone have it

You have it. This line of your gravity output shows that the list was not found online and that the local copy of the list was used. This local copy is kept in /etc/pihole. For the six original lists, the files would look like this. The hosts-file list is the one you want to save if you want to keep using the local copy.

-rw-------   1 root   root     1.6M Mar 29 03:03 list.0.raw.githubusercontent.com.domains
-rw-------   1 root   root     581K Mar 25 15:56 list.1.mirror1.malwaredomains.com.domains
-rw-------   1 root   root     624K Mar 25 15:56 list.2.sysctl.org.domains
-rw-------   1 root   root      613 Mar 25 15:56 list.3.s3.amazonaws.com.domains
-rw-------   1 root   root      43K Mar 25 15:56 list.4.s3.amazonaws.com.domains
-rw-------   1 root   root     1.7M Mar 25 15:56 list.5.hosts-file.net.domains
1 Like

Hi Jfb

I had unchecked it and presumably it was wiped. I have got one from my backup but it is leading me a merry dance at the moment. Probably me doing something daft thanks for posting.

I couldn't get it back onto the pi-hole so what I did was to copy the text put it into onedrive and create a link. Is that an ok workround