Ipv6 setup in Unraid docker (for dummies please)

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

I enabled ipv6 on my network, but pihole doesn't seem to take an ipv6 address nor is it able to find the expected router. Once it gets an ipv6 address, I was planning on making that a permanent DNS address for the service

Actual Behaviour:

No ipv6 behavior as far as I can tell

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/rkp75i5gj1

Not sure there is a for dummies version of this to be honest. I can tell you how I'd tackle this sort of problem, however I don't have much experience in either unraid or ipv6 techs so take this with a grain of salt*.

Before doing the IPv6 in pi-hole have you confirmed it works in another container? Docker has some official documentation on enabling ipv6 (I assume when you said you enabled it on your network you mean hardware like router/switches?) but unraid adds another layer to that complexity too probably..I'd start there, verify it works with a regular debian/busybox container, and then move on to adding pi-hole into the mix.

*This maybe better supported by other community members with experience in these areas.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.