Ip address in /etc/pihole/local.list

I noticed that the static IP address is in /etc/pihole/local.list and in /etc/pihole/setupvars.conf.
I have installed pihole for a freind of mine but he has a different networksegment than i have, so i changed the IP in /etc/dhcpcd.conf and everything works properly.
Later i noticed that in de local.list and setupvars.conf was still my IP address, it seems to be that those 2 IP's doesn't matter for proper working of pihole, why is that ?

Nobody knows why the static IP in /etc/pihole/local.list and in /etc/pihole/setupvars.conf doesn't do anything ?

Those files are used and created by Pi-hole during initial installation. While they don't interfere with networking directly, they each have their specific use.

While local.list allows using pi.hole as a valid name in your network, Pi-hole's IP addresses in setupVars.conf are those used during setup. The latter is included routinely when creating a debug log, and assessed by moderators or developers when trying to pin down a problem with your configuration. In your friend's case, this may result in false analysis results.

I'd recommend changing IP addresses to the correct values in both files

For further details on files used by Pi-hole look here: What files does Pi-hole use?

That's clear, this helps me a lot, thank you very much for the explanation ! :+1: