IP Address Change Fail!

I am running pi-hole on a virtual machine with Ubuntu 18.04 Server as the OS and using the latest released version of Pi-Hole V4. I changed the host machine address which worked as expected, but I could not get the pihole to change addresses. I tried pihole -r and attempted to repair it but that didn't work. I then edited setupVars.conf and locals.list and rebooted but that did not work either. Finally I ran pihole -r and reconfigured which caused me to lose all my settings so I had to re-enter them. Is there an easy, non-destructive way to do something as simple as changing an IP address? I looked through the topics and there were none that I could find reflecting the Pihole V4. May I suggest adding a new command line option or instructions so that others won't have to rebuild their configuration for a simple situation like this please?

Thanks,

Joe

pihole -r's Reconfigure option allows you to do this, which it seems you found. Changing the IP in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf and running pihole -g may also work, but is not recommended and may not change everything that needs to be changed.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.