Installation issues - No Clients found

Hello everybody,

I'm going mad with this installation of PiHole.

The funny thing is that: I already had it, installed 10 days ago, and it was really ok!
I installed it on docker on a Raspberry Pi4 and i changed the DNS of my router into the local IP of my Rasp. It worked fine.

Now here is my problem.

For some reasons I had to delete the stack of PiHole and today I deployed it again.
But, this time, I cannot access internet if i use my Raspberry IP as DNS. no way to do it.

I tried to set it on my IPV4 settings on the PC and also in my router (as I did 10 days ago!), but nothing.

What I noticed is that this time, into the dashboard, PiHole isn’t detecting the second client (the router).

What can I do?

Here is my debug token: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/lokjmxnfee

Guys, I uploaded the debug on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/iZZ2zstU

I noticed the following errors. The Portainer stack is the same as before. If you need to see it let me know.

1-

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Networking
[✓] IPv4 address(es) bound to the eth0 interface:
10.0.1.3/24 does not match the IP found in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf (https ://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/use-ipv6-ula-addresses-for-pi-hole/2127)

[✗] No IPv6 address(es) found on the eth0 interface.

[i] Default IPv4 gateway: 172.21.0.1

2-

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] pl.bbelements.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✗] Failed to resolve pl.bbelements.com via Pi-hole (192.168.1.255)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 216.58.198.14 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8 )

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Pi-hole processes
[✗] lighttpd daemon is inactive
[✗] pihole-FTL daemon is inactive

Seems like you are running your dockered Pi-hole with a configuration that isolates your container into a separate network.

Check whether you've set a Docker network mode that suits your environment and preferences.

For configuration hints with regards to your Pi-hole, have a read of Pi-hole's documentation for Running Pi-hole Docker.

Thanks for your reply @Bucking_Horn !

Regarding the first point: my stack doesn’t contain the “network_mode” inside. So I assume that is settled on “bridge”. It should be ok like this, right?

Regarding your second point: the stack showed oh that link is exactly the same i’m running on Portainer.

And, also, is exactly the same I used 10 days ago when PiHole was working fine.
I really don’t understand what I have to do...

Guys, here it is a debug of a friend of mine, which installed PiHole using the same stack I used: Working PiHole - Pastebin.com

The main difference I notice is here:

My Debug

1. *** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain

2. [✓] pl.bbelements.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)

3. [✗] Failed to resolve pl.bbelements.com via Pi-hole (192.168.1.255)

1. [✓] doubleclick.com is 216.58.198.14 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

PiHole working debug:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[?] ewr-272.ewr-rtb1.rfihub.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[?] ewr-272.ewr-rtb1.rfihub.com is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (192.168.1.104)
[?] doubleclick.com is 216.58.208.174 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

Probably, if you think it is.
However, it doesn't sound as if you'd sorted your problems by now.

Network modes or drivers are a Docker feature.
As said before, the (default) bridge mode will isolate your Pi-hole into a separate network. All the normal rules and precautions to interconnect clients on different networks do apply.

If you don't feel comfortable with this, then try a network driver that doesn't isolate networks for you, e.g. host. For configuration details as well as benefits and disadvantages on different Docker networking options, please refer to Docker's documentation.

Avoid using the built-in default docker bridge network, the simplest way to do this is just use a docker-compose setup since it creates its own network automatically. If compose isn't an option the bridge network docs should help you create your own.

Guys I really thank you, but what I cannot understand is why the first time I deployed the stack it worked.

What is changed now? The stack was copied in a txt file, so I didn't changed it.