Include locally saved adlist files in teleporter backup

Hi,

(not sure if help or feature request...)

Is there a recommended place for storing local adlists?
Can the recommended location be included in the Teleporter backup?

I'm trying different locations for a local adlist. Using the lists works fine, but I would like the adlist to be included in the Teleporter backup.

I've tried putting the adlist in the following locations:
/etc/dnsmasq.d/adlists/mycustomadlist - the folder gets added to the backup, but as an empty object, the list does not get backed up
/etc/dnsmasq.d/mycustomadlist - this breaks FTL as the adlist isn't in the format expected by dnsmasq.d
/etc/pihole/mycustomadlist - this just doesn't get added to the backups

No adlists of any type are included in a teleporter backup. Why should this be different for any lists you create and store locally?

Thanks.

The list is currently only about 800 entries, which isn't too large, but I find it a bit easier to manage in a txt file rather than in the blacklist.

Do you have and possibility to host the file online? E.g. upload to a private github repo and download it from there?

P.S. I recommend to change the title of this topic, now being a feature request, to something like:
"Include locally saved adlist files in teleporter backup" to be more precise of what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.