In Docker with compose there is a issue where date cannot be pulled

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

I have been running for about 2 years docker-compose with Pi-hole and just did a pull and updated. After the update I am getting errors where the container can't get the current date and is returning errors:

pihole      | [1969-12-31 19:00:51.-1225030 497M] DB warn: TIMESTAMP should be larger than 01/01/2017 but is 6
pihole      | [1969-12-31 19:00:51.-sudo: unable to get time of day: Operation not permitted
pihole      | sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit

The query log is showing tha it's 1969:

The DNS is resolving but never seen this happen before with docker and I have 3 other instances running with the same configs on various Synolgoy devices and not seeing this.

Update:

I found this article:

The reason I found this article is that I found CRON using 100% CPU when running Pi-hole in the container. The resolution was to run a backport of libseccomp2.

Here is where I got the instructions for the back port:

After doing the backport I am back to normal

Maybe Suddenly Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 CET 1970 in container is related?

The underlying issue there was Docker, where one of Docker's dependencies restricts Docker from accessing certain OS side information for certain combinations of image OS and Docker host's OS.

Yes agreed, I am surprised that more folks that run in containers didn't see this. What seemed to be two "unrelated" issues at first glance lead me to the GitHub conversation. Time pull from the OS to CRON consuming 100% now all those pieces fell into place once I read though the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.