Ignoring nameserver and other problems

Please let me know, what is wrong with my installation.
Besides the 4 warnings about the nameservers, there is one more thing.

I have a fritzbox and when I put the ip of my pihole in the local dns server section, my iphone only will not automatically configure the dns in the wifi section. I have to switch to manually and put for example 1.1.1.1 in the fields. Otherwise I have no internet.
Can please tell me, where my mistakes are?

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/zh4AaiDg/

Thanks a lot

Details about my system:

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:

Your debug log shows you've configured your Pi-hole to use its own IPv6 address as upstream DNS server:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.5K Sep 25 11:39 /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf
   server=192.168.178.1#53
   server=fd00::cd04:26de:3053:2191
   interface=eth0
   rev-server=192.168.178.0/24,192.168.178.1
   server=/fritz.box/192.168.178.1

This can cause a DNS loop.
Remove that IPv6 from Pi-hole's Upstream DNS servers at Settings | DNS.

It also shows that you have enabled Pi-hole's Conditional Forwarding while using your router as Pi-hole's upstream at the same time.
If your router is Pi-hole's only upstream, enabling CF is not necessary in that scenario, as your router would process all forwarded DNS requests anyway.

Furthermore, your router's DHCP server is distributing its own IP as DNS server:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Discovering active DHCP servers (takes 10 seconds)
   Scanning all your interfaces for DHCP servers

* Received 548 bytes from eth0:192.168.178.1
     Offered IP address: 192.168.178.19
     DHCP options:
      Message type: DHCPOFFER (2)
      router: 192.168.178.1
      dns-server: 192.168.178.1

It would be preferable if you would configure your FritzBox to distribute Pi-hole's IPv6 as DNS server instead.

With regards to your FritzBox settings, have a read of our configuration tips at Fritz!Box (EN) - Pi-hole documentation (also available in German).

And finally, it would seem that you've overwritten /etc/dnsmasq.conf:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: contents of /etc

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 27K Feb  5  2021 /etc/dnsmasq.conf
   dhcp-mac=set:client_is_a_pi,B8:27:EB:*:*:*
   dhcp-reply-delay=tag:client_is_a_pi,2

As this file normally points to conf-dir=/etc/dnsmasq.d, absence of which now would prevent pihole-FTL from reading any of its configuration located in /etc/dnsmasq.d.

Run

pihole -r

with Repair and verify that /etc/dnsmasq.conf content has changed.

First of all, thank you so much for your help & time.
I changed the things you mentioned.
Please let me know, if there a still mistakes in it

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/K7nCHst3/

Your FritzBox router is now distributing Pi-hole's IPv4 as DNS server via DHCP, and your dnsmasq.conf has been restored to its normal contents.

But you still have enabled Pi-hole's Conditional Forwarding while using your FritzBox IPv4 and IPv6 addresses as Pi-hole's upstream DNS resolver at the same time.

When configuring Tools | DNS, you should either opt to configure Pi-hole to use public upstream DNS resolvers only and have CF enabled, or to use FritzBox (and only(!) your FritzBox) as Pi-hole's upstream and have CF disabled.
For the latter, you also want to untick Never forward non-FQDN A and AAAA queries as well as Never forward reverse lookups for private IP ranges under Advanced DNS settings. In that scenaro, you should not configure your FritzBox to use Pi-hole as upstream of your FritzBox (Internet|Account Information|DNS server), as that may close a DNS loop for devices connecting via your FB guest network.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.