Idea for Shop: PiHole setup with UPS and nice case

What would be very cool is to provide the following setup in your shop:

• raspberry Pi 3
  • PiHole case
  • UPS hat (I am using pico hat with pihole, works great)

I already lost a few sd card because of suddenly power loss, and for such a central element such as the DNS server of my home, loosing it in such situation is unacceptable. My gear are behind a UPS of course, but not everyone have one, and human mistakes happen. When my Wifi router or my DSL box get disconnected, I simply reconnect them and they work again.
With any raspberry pi, it may be bricked is the power loss occurs exactly at the worst moment.

• I am pretty sure it would be a best seller !

https://uk.pi-supply.com/products/pi-hole-kit-network-wide-ad-blocker

And they have the UPS kit to go along with them!

I run my PiHoles behind UPS, but for a development Pi Zero W I pulled out an old 20,000 mAH portable battery pack (SoLove 2X, 2 outputs) and put that inline between the Pi and the wall. Makes a nice temporary UPS, plus I can take it with me when I travel and charge phones and such. I paid $30 for it at Amazon about three years ago.

At the rated 20,000 maH, that should keep a Pi ZeroW running PiHole (max of 700mA) for more than a day, and probably a lot more since the Zero isn't doing much just running PiHole.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.