Icloud Private Relay settings change

I'm on the latest docker tag ( Docker Tag 2021.10 Pi-hole [v5.6] FTL [v5.11] Web Interface [v5.8]) and I have also added BLOCK_ICLOUD_PR=false in /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf.

Not sure what has changed, the iCloud Private Relay is not working any more and it used to work and I would have a different IP address.

Help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

alright, i think i found a solution.
thanks to @ jpgpi250

If anyone having a similar issue, this worked for me :slight_smile:

What changed? Can you confirm the line is still present in the config file? What you found is a mere workaround.

1 Like

Now I'm having both the BLOCK_ICLOUD_PR=false in /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf and a new file in /etc/dnsmasq.d/xx-NXDOMAIN.conf with server=/mask.icloud.com/ server=/mask-h2.icloud.com/.

Earlier with just the BLOCK_ICLOUD_PR=false in /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf did NOT work for me.

Below is the configs, that is working for me rn,

^ just this change did not resolve the issue.

Yesterday there was an outage for iCloud Priavte Relay. There might have some changes involved which might have broken how pi-hole handles it. This is just a mere guess.

Source: https://www.macrumors.com/2021/11/03/icloud-private-relay-outage/

Why do you think so? We followed an official Apple document with the Pi-hole implementation. I'm not aware of any changes.

I'm not sure. It did not work for me unless I have created a file /etc/dnsmasq.d/xx-NXDOMAIN.conf with server=/mask.icloud.com/ server=/mask-h2.icloud.com/

and BLOCK_ICLOUD_PR=false in /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.conf

Then after a restart of pi-hole and my phone I was able to get it working again.

:slight_smile:

What are you trying to achieve?

Do you want Pi-hole to block Private Relay or not? Because

Turns off Pi-hole's blocking of the special domains and allows Private Relay.

But

Blocks the special domains and turns off Private Relay

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.