How-To: Using Pi-Hole with Telekom Speedport routers

Due to the 5G/LTE antenna and the hybrid tariff, I can't use the Speedport as a modem. Unfortunately, I have to use it as a router.

If you have a spare Router, just use a Double NAT Setup. That's what I did since we still need the Speedport for some old analogue phones. Depending on the second routers model, this opens up features like vlan, routing etc the Speedport is not capable of. Downside is you might loose some minimal performance, however I never noticed in practice. Please let us know when you need further help with this solution.

Hello,
thank you for providing this great instruction. I followed up the steps, but I run into a problem in step 10. If I run

ip -6 address | grep 'global'

there is only 1 address shown and it doesn't start with fd01. Running the command without grep there are logically more addresses listed - another one with scope link. It's exactly the same address listed in the Network Interface of Webmin GUI running on the Raspi, starting with fe80. But I'm not sure, if it is the one to enter in setupVars.conf. Btw there is no entry starting with

IPV6_ADDRESS=

in setupVars.conf.
So I skipped step 10 to 12 and continued with step 13 and entered the speedports ula into IPv6 dns entries for pi-hole.
It works. Is it a problem if IPv6 address is not set in setupVars.conf?

Lars