How to use ipxe from netboot.xyz?

The issue I am facing:
I am trying to use netboot.xyz in pi-hole on ubuntu 22
I have information about the configuration of dhcpd.conf, but I don't know how to configure it or in which files to do it.

Link to where it shows you the configuration in netboot

In /etc/dnsmasq.d I have some files, but I don't know what configuration or how I have to do it.
Imgur

How can I make it work?

I found these 2 more informations, in case they are helpful

As this is related to Pi-hole's embedded dnsmasq DHCP server rather than Pi-hole, you should also consider to consult dnsmasq's documentation and submit a question to dnsmasq's mailing list for further assistance.

That said, it seems that netboot.xyz has information on configuring dnsmasq for PXE booting from netboot.xyz resources, see Asuswrt-Merlin | netboot.xyz.

You could try to put that contents for dnsmasq.conf.add in a freshly created custom configuration file in the /etc/dnsmasq.d/ directory, then run a dnsmasq syntax check:

pihole-FTL dnsmasq-test

If ok, restart Pi-hole:

pihole restartdns

Note that enabling this would require pihole-FTL/dnsmasq to be able to locate and access the files netboot.xyz.efi as well as netboot.xyz.kpxe.
You'd have to refer to netboot.xyz how that's supposed to be possible when hosting those from a Docker container.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.