How to understand the loginformation in console

Hello,

I am new to pi-hole; new to looking at the kind of information it provides in the logs and console.
I have searched this site to find out whether the question has been asked and answered before, but have not found that to be the case. Probably because I am asking for something too obvious?

Still, here goes:

How do I interpret the lines in the log in the console?
If I see this:

Time Type Domain Client Status Action
2018-01-02 17:00:28 IPv4 cpe-172-91-49-222.socal.res.rr.com osmc OK (cached)

should I understand that at 17:00:28, on 2018-01-02, some process on my computer named "osmc" tried to reach a site named cpe-172-91-49-222.socal.res.rr.com, that this was deemed by pi-hole to be "OK" to do so (because site not on any block list), and that the attempt was "saved" (cached) somewhere?

Or did the site cpe-172-91-49-222.socal.res.rr.com try to reach my computer named osmc?

So sorry if this has been asked before somewhere; please tell me where to look.
Also very sorry if this is a silly question; I'd like to learn anyway.

Thank you.
Please understand that English is not my first language.

There is a FAQ article that covers exactly this.

Feel free to ask if you still have additional questions after going through this article.

Great thanks. I had actually found (and read!) this article, but hadn't recognized that it was about the same logs. I will reread the article.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.