How to fix DNS Loop where do these ips come from

hi i run dietpi latest version pihole and unbound. Dhcp on router. with continuous forwarding so i see hostnames.

let me begin by saying i tried everything dhcp on pihole, advanced settings on off combinations, and continous forwarding on off. nothing helped.

i get spammed by these ptr requests from only 1 phone. my iphone. all the other iphones 4 of them in my household dont do this. in 1 hour i have like 3000 requests.

For more information. I set up Pihole to use unbound as dns. And my Router. to use pihole as dns.

I dont know what apps use these ip adresses. they arent any clients on my side. And there is nothing on 192.168.178.0 my router is at 192.168.178.1

here is a picture showing the requests.
Screenshot - 4f05b449fdd040f035f4707c40a47116 - Gyazo)

and here is my debug https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/cIFXeYtw/

Aside of 1 IP, quite a strange set of addresses, especially PTRs for an invalid IP (ending with 0) and a hostname (fritz.box). Did you try to disable some 3rd party apps which are not present on the other iPhones to identify the app which is sending these PTRs?

thanks for your message. what i did was. i completely re installed and configured everything. i left conditional forwarding disabled now. and just added hostnames manually in the host file. this has stopped the ptr requests. Then it started spamming on another Ip adress i looked and found out it was my apple watch. After some trouble shooting i saw that the walkie talkie function was enabled. i disabled it and that stopped the spam of ipv4only.arpa:

So for anyone that has these set of problems this is how i fixed it after days of tinkering.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.