How to configure Pi-hole with my router?

Hello - recently I purchased my first Rasberry Pi 4 and my sole reason for doing so was to install Pi-hole on the unit and use it to block ads on my wireless network, mainly for the Samsung smart TV that is connected. The build of the pi itself went well and I am able to SSH into it no problem and Pi-hole was successfully installed. The problem is actually configuring Pi-hole to work, it has yet to block an ad since I don't know how to route traffic through it. My Hitron CGNM-2250 router does not seem to support setting the DNS server and I tried this option here: How do I use Pi-hole's built in DHCP server (and why would I want to)? but to no avail.

It is possible that some routers cannot use pi-hole?

I'm not familiar with your router,
but if this manual is correct

you could change your " DNS Obtain" to manual ad your pi.

if you do so, please make sure your pi has a static ip or a reserved ip.

Thank you for the reply bkbartje, I have tried that in the past and just tried it again now with no success. My router does show that the pie IP is now in the DNS1 box and it is of course set to manual but when I login to the Pi-hole dashboard there is still no activity, all zeros.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.