How do I upgrade to 3.2.1 from existing installation? pihole -u doesn't work

I love my pi-hole. I just performed a pihole -up this morning but then noticed that there is a new core update 3.2.1 that pihole -u doesn't install.

If I invoke the full installer "curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash" I'm concerned that it will blow away my customization's (ignores that I've given pi-hole to allow certain video streaming to work).

What's the best way to upgrade and preserve my tweaks?

Thanks,

Roveer

cd /etc/.pihole
sudo git fetch --tags

Thanks for the info. After reading a whole bunch of threads I'm seeing that there were problems through a previous version DNSMASQ issues? Has this all been worked out in 3.3 or should I expect trouble if I upgrade? If so, I'll steer clear until things settle down.

If you upgrade recently, then you are already on 3.3. @jacob.salmela gave you those commands because some users don't see the version number change, and those commands will fix that (they won't hurt anything by running).

Got it. I ran the commands and the web interface still says there's an update. I checked pihole -up and it says everything is up to date. Not going to obsess over it. It's working and that's all that counts.

--- update ---

just check again, and now web interface now shows 3.3 as expected. All good now.

Roveer

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.