Hosts file comments

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy trying to move, finish schoolwork, and a lot of other things.

So, I think I found something.

Host files that have commented lines have the lines ignored.

Example:

0.0.0.0 blocked.host.net #Comment Here

I have a file with 15 + million lines in it like that and it counted hosts as "0"
I remove the comments and it works fine.

We are looking at potential changes to the gravity update routine.

Okay.
Just a thought, I use perl to parse multiple source files and dump them into a SQL database in order to create a single host file for export.

I use regex to identify the host names, I don't know if what I use may be of use for anything, but I'll share it here.

(([\w\d]+[-.])+\w{2,3})

The reason is that in v5.0 gravity.sh removes all lines with invalid (hence # characters) no matter where in the line they are.

in v4 gravity.sh handled this differently

Best and easiest solution would be if you remove the trailed comments as you already parse your list anyway.

Yes, a simple solution for my list. However many other public and private lists I use are not currently part of it and many of the other lists are commented as well. This will work for my list, but not the others and It may be months before I get everything combined into my DB.

Whoops, I already wrote a fix for this two weeks ago, but, apparently, I have forgotten to open a PR for it. My bad. Thanks for reminding me (indirectly).