Help with my router configuration page

Hello, I am sorry I am not using the template, I think my question does not really fit into the template.
I tried to follow the installation and setup as described on this website. I got to the step to change my router's LAN DHCP settings so the static DNS is the Pi Hole's IP address. I know that every router is different but I am having trouble finding the corresponding area in my router's setup page. I found the "Subnets and DHCP" settings page, I assume one of these is the one I need to change, but I do not know which field to put the Pi Hole IP address. I have attached a screenshot, hopefully someone can help me. Thank you.

If you are going to use the Pi-hole as your DHCP server, just set DHCP Server Enable to Off.

ok thank you...so I dont have to set a static IP address? It specifically says to do this in the setup instructions.

You need to have the Pi-hole set as a static IP. That is set at the end of /etc/dhcpcd.conf. With the Pi-hole as the DHCP server, set the range of addresses to hand out to clients to be a block of addresses that do not include the static IP address.

Pi-hole: 192.168.1.254
Range: 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.200

That would give you more than enough addresses for the clients, substitute your preferred IP block. And you will have to reboot/restart networking on the clients once you change the DHCP server so that all the devices see the new DHCP server and pick up their new address and the new DNS IP address that will be provided by the Pi-hole DHCP server.

Thank you for your reply. I did as you said and turned off the DHCP Server Enable, and then I changed the Start and End addresses to a range that would be away from my Pi Hole IP address. I rebooted my network, and when my network came back, I lost my internet, Wifi, and cable TV. I changed the settings back to what they were in my screenshot and I regained all of my services.
What am I doing wrong?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.