Help Us Beta Test FTLDNS

3 posts were split to a new topic: Setting DNS cache limit with FTLDNS

4 posts were split to a new topic: Clients over time doesn’t update, just sits there with the spinnins

flawless!
works like a charm. have to play around with up and downgrade-procedure but.... nothin. :smile:
clean and small - like it!

3 Likes

So far the beta version works fine on my Pi.

It even solves the bug between dnsmasq < 2.78 and DNScrypt-proxy (see here), so I can use FTLDNS with DNSSec enabled on Pi side (which is not possible with the "master" branch), perfect !

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: pihole-FTL is working, but webmin says the service is not running

A post was split to a new topic: Lot of PTR queries

Will this new method support sending data to a system like ELK (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana) for further analysis? It sounded like there would not be logging like the past therefore less data available for ELK or Splunk.

Not a really important issue from the UI perspective - When you mouse over the Clients(over time) chart the pop up that displays the IP's get hidden if there are more than 3. A bit annoying that you cannot see the IP's that are causing issues since it's not sorted by high traffic IP

When version 3.3 was released and all the issues starting to show up because of DNSMASQ ?

Basically the date of this Blog entry : Pi-hole v3.3 Released: It’s “Extra” Special – Pi-hole

I am runnig Jessie actually :wink:

Also have a Unify Controller running on it and everything works together just fine!

That's why you guys need to add FreeBSD support : No more silly Debian issues unless you switch to Ubuntu, which has it's own quirks and issues :wink:

Then consider using a different brand or a slightly larger one so it can spread the usage of it's cells :wink:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Auto logout of dashboard?

3 posts were split to a new topic: New privacy settings for FTLDNS

3 posts were split to a new topic: FTLDNS issues I have found

3 posts were split to a new topic: Checking out of branch fails with modified files

3 posts were split to a new topic: Using custom configuration with FTLDNS

2 posts were split to a new topic: Will FTLDNS kill my SD card?

7 posts were split to a new topic: Is dnsmasq future-proof enough for a project like Pi-hole?

Well, a combination of a Pi-hole application and an own DNS server sounds perfect.
Is that the meaning of FTLDNS ? Am I right ?

Will the external DNS providers like Google, the internet provider, Norton, etc be skipped and the router has to ask FTLDNS for the external traffic ?

Yes, exactly.

Nothing will be different from your current perspective because FTLDNS is just our fork of dnsmasq. So instead of installing dnsmasq, FTLDNS gets installed.

Your Pi-hole will contact whatever upstream DNS server you select, same as it always has.

2 posts were split to a new topic: BIND9 next to FTLDNS?

2 posts were split to a new topic: FTLDNS on Rock64?