Help setting up on windows 10

Expected Behaviour:

I am running pi hole on a pi 400 that i just set up today. I believe i successfully installed pi hole and got the installation complete page with admin webpage password and the ipv4 address. I sadly found out i can not change my router settings because it's a comcast router that doesn't support those settings so i'm trying to change each device to use the DNS manually and so far i'm trying to get it to work on my windows 10 machine.
The ip address i got from pi hole ends in .90
I change the DNS in windows ipv4 setttings and i'm not sure if it's working attached are pics of my windows settings

I'm not sure exactly what i'm doing wrong if i need to set the ip address manually or if i'm not checking the right boxes. Any help would be appreciated.

What is making you think that it's not working?

What is the output showing the DNS servers used from ipconfig /all ?

Please run pihole -d and provide the token URL as was requested in the template.

When i run ipconfig /all i get the attached image results

I notice there are three address's under the DNS result, i tested it by going to a few websites, and noticed plenty of ads playing in the background automatically, i tested it in firefox using the private window because i have an adblocker built into firefox , private window disables it and i still notice ads coming through, though to be honest i'm not sure if that's the best way to test if it's working properly.

Also i'm not sure what you're asking to provide what does pihole -d do ?

Having any other DNS server besides Pi-hole will result in ads being displayed:

The pihole -d is our debug process that provides us with information what would otherwise require an involved game of 20 questions and take up the limited amount of time we have to provide free support.

In this case the IPv6 DNS servers will happily resolve the blocked domains and render the Pi-hole install moot.

Thank you for the reply Dan,

I ran pihole -d and here is the screenshot for it.
I'm not sure how to disable the other DNS servers, is that ipv6 settings i need to change?

I need you to copy/paste the token URL, I can't read the random string on the end.

I don't know how to do that on your router or your modem, you'll need to find that information out or wait and see if another community member has any suggestions. It's a networking issue and not something Pi-hole is able to control.

I currently am renting and using a comcast router modem combo that won't allow me to change DHCP or DNS settings at all.
the link is
https://tricoder.pi-hole.net/39olql3vep

To do a test and check of Pi-hole, can you go in to Windows and disable IPv6 completely?

Then we can narrow IPv6 down as a real problem to deal with.

I disabled ipv6 and it completely disconnected from the internet and wouldn't work at all haha it's okay , i think pi-hole works fine i just need to invest in a router to bridge the connection that can support DNS configurations

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.