Help please. Pi-hole running but no clients /

Hi.

I´ve installed pihole in a Windows 10 machine using:

this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keDtJwK65Dw&ab_channel=DesktopECHO
and this github page GitHub - DesktopECHO/Pi-Hole-for-WSL1: Ad-blocking DNS server for Windows • Unbound pre-configured • Deployment ready in minutes • Does not require hypervisor/docker

I really don´t understand how it works. I think it creates a VM but i´m not sure.

I can see that Pihole has a different ip adress from the pc that it is installed on.

I can acces the Web Admin and everything seams to run ok but i get only 3 clients and 5 querys.

I´ve set the ip of the Pihole as DNS in my router and i´ve tried setting it manually on pcs and nothing seems to make Pihole work propperly.

I´ve run a log but it cant upload so i willl copy bellow.

Hoping someone here can help diagnose my problem.

Thank you!!

If you are using this repository, maybe @DesktopECHO will be able to explain what is happening in your case.

log.txt attachment (34,1 KB)

@Guido_Carello please visit the project's issues page for assistance.

Before you do that, run the uninstaller and re-install per the YouTube video.

In Windows, set primary DNS to 127.0.0.1 and leave secondary field empty.

Open a browser, visit some web sites. Confirm Pi-hole works 100% as expected on your local Windows PC.

File an issue on GitHub to let me know how that goes for you.

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you so much for all your work. It's amazing!!!

I did exactly what you told me and now it's working perfectly on localhost but sadly I can't get it to work on other devices even though I manually asign the pihole address as dns.

I've disabled windows firewall, restarted pihole, checked dns with ipconfig/all on other device and it correctly says the IP of pihole.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you so much and I am very sorry for bothering you with my problems

I got it to work on localhost but not on the rest of the network.

I have 8 active clients but it dosent block ads on any other device than localhost.

I will attach the new debug log.

Thanks!!
log2.txt (33,8 KB)

Please follow the directions you were given.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.