Having Trouble Setting up Pihole

Hello, I have been trying the whole day to troubleshoot what is wrong with my pihole setup before posting here, I went trought all the documentation and multiple installs and no luck. It looks like that it only works when i set Permit all origins in the DNS settings.
As soon as I set the Interface settings to the recommended settings (Allow only network requests) I am unable to connect to the internet on all the devices on the network.

Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot from 2024-04-05 22-50-45

This is how my router is configured with 192.168.100.3 beinh my pihole.
Screenshot from 2024-04-05 22-48-51

Not sure what I am missing.
EDIT:
I should of have mentioned I am running it with a docker container with this command:
docker run \

--name=pihole \
--cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
-e TZ=Europe/Madrid \
-v /storage/.config/dockers/pihole/etc-dnsmasq.d:/etc/dnsmasq.d \
-v /storage/.config/dockers/pihole/etc-pihole:/etc/pihole \
-p 8888:80/tcp \
-p 53:53/tcp \
-p 53:53/udp \
-p 67:67/udp \
-p 443:443/tcp \
--restart=unless-stopped \
-d pihole/pihole

Here is a debug log in case it helps : https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/UGIVBaNo/

is anyone able to help me out? im still suffering the same problem

That's ok, note that depending on how you setup the container, Docker creates a network under their bridge, so the Pi hole is going to have a internal network something along 172.17.0.0/16, so the recommended setting wont work as the pi hole is on a different network your network is 192.168.100.0/24 and the pi hole is in 172.16.0.0/16 and is behind the docker bridge so is basically natted, this is usually that could depend.

Putting to allow respond only on interface eth0 or permit all origins, will be fine because again the container is behind the docker network.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.