Google Links no more authorized (solved)

Hello all,

i'm using since few weeks Pi-Hole under raspberryPi (excellent idea and concept)

since the upgrade of pi-hole/webadmin done this week, all devices can no more access to some google links.
ex : google.com, account.google.com, youtube (if you use it with an account), and so on.

Issue seems to come from a wrong interpretation from this ad list i use :
https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/liste_fr+easylist.txt" taken from Adblock Plus

in this list lots of google website are present, but i can access on them :

• without pi-hole gateway (bypassed)
  • and Adblock Plus activated on my computers (under Firefox)

Am i alone to meet this sideeffect ?

Best Regards
François

Bonjour François, there may be a couple of issues to address. The first is the adblockplus.org list contains things other than domain names, so it's not possible to use in its current form. We are a domain blocker, so extra things like html elements on that list are going to cause problems. How to add lists to the Pi-hole should give you some hints on how to add lists.

As for Google accounts, follow the directions here to help you find out if you need to add some domains to the whitelist in order for you to access the sites you need. I think clearing out the easylist and resetting the Pi-hole will get you back to where you need to be.

Merci!

Hello,

Bad use of my part i understand.

yes, by clearing out list, it works again for "Google Links"
i will read better "how to add lists".

thanks for your quick reply.

Bye
François