Global Whitelist

I have a feature request for a global whitelist.
The idea is, i have more then one installation of piholes in schools.
So i have to include in every pihole installation the same whitelist Domains. Is it possible to create an extra list one hte net wich could be importet in pihole (like the adlists). But also have the possibility to create a local whitelist.

Thank you in advance
Eule

Whitelist/Blacklist are stored in /etc/pihole/whitelist.txt and /etc/pihole/blacklist.txt. You can backup those and can be used in different piholes.

The feature request is something like an "anti-adlist" which is downloaded from a web resource on every list update.

@DL6ER yes this was my intention for this post. I need an automatism to extend the whitelist on more then one installation.

We will look into this. It should not take long to integrate this feature, but what will take long is the proper testing on all devices we currently support (that are quite a few). Since this Feature Request will have to be a change in a very critical part of the project, everything has to tested.

I know that I've written this many times, but now I'm going to write it again: We are all freetimers and according to that we might have enough free time to implement a feature or not. At some time we might be able to do it, but that might be equally well tomorrow, next week, next month or just "soon" (TM).

This feature request is the same as Subscribe to user-maintained whitelists, and whitelist from a file

I am also in a position where I am managing multiple piholes and it would be much easier to keep everything updated if we could subscribe to a hosted whitelist the same way we subscribe to block lists.

I'm storing the whitelist on a nas and link the list to all the pi holes we run at work.

Closing in favor of

as the request is the same.

Votes are released, please vote for the other topic if still desired.