Getting lighthttpd placeholder page instead of new unblock page

Hey, thanks for working through it with me! Time to make another donation for the new year to the project. I am also using it at work to block ads on our public facing wifi for around up to 250 clients a day. I will use the first part of this thread to disable this new page since I don't want them to be able to whitelist things.

1 Like

They won't be able to do it when you have a good password :slight_smile:

Anyways, I saw a feature request to disable the whitelisting feature on the blocking page a switchable option. I think we will add this for the next release. Go ahead and modify the file in the meantime.

Ok, I might just hold off updating them then for a while instead. Though I bet it would not come up anyway as I only allow them to get to port 53 on the pi-holes for DNS resolution so the whitelist page should not come up anyway.

Keep up the awesome work! Love this little project.

Hello! In Pi-hole v3.2, how to disable the block (Website Blocked) page? I want only the blank image response like before. The index.php has been changed in v3.2. The "$showPage" option is there no more.

You can make a new file at /var/www/html/pihole/custom.php and put your the custom block response. Run pihole -r (repair) to apply the change.

1 Like

I just updated my Pihole and after going through all of those steps I still have the placeholder page

Please start a new topic and fill out the requested information. The last post on this topic was over 2 years ago.