FTLDNS related questions

I am on the beta branch now too. All good for now, I like the option that logs will not be constantly written on SD (eventually).

I didn't see how can I change the behaviour of the blocked pages to show something else than not found?

LE: This is definitely much faster!

Can you elaborate on this? I don't quite get your question.

You can just go ahead and disable the logging (e.g. via the web interface's settings page). We left it on during the beta testing for potential debugging but haven't needed it so far.

1 Like

Originally I saw a few white rectangles in place of ads. But now they are gone, so... IDK, it's all cool.

I have turned off the logging, thanks!
Have a good SD card now, but I had a lesser-name one die on me because logging (other program and when I added Pi-hole it was done).

Another issue: sometimes I have to hit refresh one or two times before a web pace is served, otherwise a page not found error message appears. It just happen on drudgereport.com
Any hints for what to look?

Ah, and the "Top Blocked Domains" has just a spinning arrow-circle.

1. Clear your browser's cache, 2. Check your Settings page / API Settings if both checkboxes under Query Log are ticked.

Are there any failed/blocked requests in your Query Log? It loads immediately for me.

Now it does work. Almost like the Pi was taking a nap at that time?

The Piaware software is also running on the Pi 3, the "top" command shows 23-24% CPU usage from dump1090, and the rest of processes are less than 2% each.

I did clear browser cache's, restart the Pi... I still have a spinning circle at "Top Blocked Domains".
Can't start/stop the DNS service in Windows 10, don't know why.
It does the same even on my phone's browser (Firefox or Edge).

Another question: Is it correct that the Beta Test AdminLTE version to be at 3.2.1 and not 3.3?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ pihole -v
  Pi-hole version is v3.3-181-ga7e7680 (Latest: v3.3.1)
  AdminLTE version is v3.2.1-195-g4355bde2 (Latest: v3.3)
  FTL version is vDev-5ecab0a (Latest: v3.0)
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ pihole -up
  [i] Checking for updates...
  [i] Pi-hole Core:     up to date
  [i] Web Interface:    up to date
  [i] FTL:              up to date

[âś“] Everything is up to date!

Did you check

?

Yes, this is a git tags artifact but doesn't mean anything here.

1 Like

I was looking in other place, now I got what you meant. That was it.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.