Fresh Pihole Installation without changes, only 1 Website is not working

Hey everyone,

I have been Using PiHole for years and it has been working great. Just yesterday i switched my homelab Server from Proxmox to Unraid, thinking i could easily just reinstall Pihole as an App there (it is installed via Docker Containers).

Now everything works, only Youtube does not. I cant wrap my head around why. It is a clean install, no settings changed, every site is accessible, youtube even loads to a certain degree (i can see the menu on the left side) but it tells me i am offline and cant establish a connection.

I tried flushing my local DNS Cache, made sure this error is happening on every device in my network (it is) reinstalling pihole multiple times, whitelisting youtube, nothing works.

Here is my debug log, i would be shocked if it was anything other than a super small error on my side, but i am too blind to see it. Thank you!

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/odWJfIvE/

Did you try to disable blocking using Pi-hole web interface and try to access youtube again?

If the page loads when Pi-hole is disabled, the problem is with your Pi-hole install or adlist. If the page doesn't load even when Pi-hole is disabled, the problem is elsewhere.

I did try that, but even without disabling blocking it does not work. As far as i can tell, the Problem has to be somewhere in my Pihole though. It is on the same IP i was using before, so everything is using this IP as a DNS Server, my Upstream DNS is google (8.8.8.8) and when i use google directly without my pihole everything works. It's so bizarre.

This seems to be some sort of Error between the official Docker image and Unraid? I just tested another unofficial Image with DoH and everything works fine with this. As soon as i switch to the official Image, it does not work again.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.