Fox News Comments

PiHole blocking the comments section on Fox News articles. Already tried Whitelisting the domains as suggested in the topic Can't watch Fox New Live

No joy.

How do you know Pi-hole is blocking this? Are you seeing blocked domains when you attempt to load comments?

How I know comments are being blocked? When I disable PiHole the comments returned. It is difficult to go through the Query Log and test every blocked domain. I has hoping that someone had a quick, "this is the domain to whitelist" answer for Fox News comments as there was for Fox News videos (see referenced thread in my first post).

You may have to determine for yourself what is being blocked. The pihole -t command is a good starting place, as is the AdamOne Assistant browser extension (both discussed in the FAQ linked above).

You may find that the comments are hosted on a site separate from Fox News, and this might be getting blocked through the CNAME path.

Try white listing: api-2-0.spot.im

Pi-hole doing a great job. Too bad it's only the comment section and not the entire content of that site.

Please refrain from political opinions/commentary on this site.

That did it, thanks (not a political opinion or commentary).

My reply was not to your post, apologies if it appeared that way. It was to a later reply.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.