Can't watch Fox News Live?

ok so she was right as this isn't working. i go to:

www.foxnews.com then i click on "On Air" which is the link below
http://www.foxnews.com/shows.html then i click on "Watch Live" it takes me to another link

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1241186546001/fox-news-channel/#sp=watch-live

once i go to the link above a box pops up and says pick provider but takes a while for this. once i login the video never starts.

please help

Thanks

Try whitelisting these domains:

widget-cdn.rpxnow.com
dpm.demdex.net
foxnews.demdex.net

Thanks Mcat12 this worked perfect!

If you have trouble with other domains in the future, see this:

ok, for some reason now videos don't play on foxnews at all, they are just black as if they are trying to play. i have tried the information above to find what needs to be blocked but guess i am doing something wrong. any ideas?

Thanks

i did those it worked now all videos say it can't be found!

Not sure how to see what is causing the error but fox news is the only site i noticed that i can't play the videos. ESPN, Neowin, NBC News... all good.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem, and none of the suggested domains to whitelist are being blacklisted in the first place, so that is not the problem. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling several times. It works for about an hour then just cuts out (AppleTV). When it cuts out, here is what the logs show:

Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: query[A] static.foxnews.com from 192.168.1.1
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: forwarded static.foxnews.com to 127.0.0.1
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: query[A] apps.foxnews.com from 192.168.1.1
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: forwarded apps.foxnews.com to 127.0.0.1
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: reply static.foxnews.com is <CNAME>
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: reply static.foxnews.com.edgekey.net is <CNAME>
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: reply apps.foxnews.com is <CNAME>
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: reply apps.foxnews.com.edgekey.net is <CNAME>
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: query[A] api.foxnews.com from 192.168.1.1
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: forwarded api.foxnews.com to 127.0.0.1
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: reply api.foxnews.com is <CNAME>
Dec 20 13:14:07 dnsmasq[23945]: reply api.foxnews.com-v1.edgekey.net is <CNAME>

Not sure what's going on.

I should add that the app has worked for several days with no problem since first setting up PiHole. I hope my IP didn't get blacklisted.

This section of you log doesn't show any IP replies for the requested domains. Even with a CNAME (essentially an alias), it should eventually lead to an IP address.

Ok. Any thoughts on how I can debug this? Like I said, I've not changed anything and it was working fine for several days. The only relevant sites being blacklisted are

foxnews.hb.omtrdc.net
smetrics.foxnews.com

These may not be the only relevant sites, they may just be the sites with foxnews in the domain name.

If you think these blocked domains are causing the problem, add these two domains to your whitelist, which will protect them from being added to gravity in the case that one of your subscribed blocklists includes either of these domains.

You can tail your pihole log while loading content from Fox on your Apple TV, and then see which domains are being blocked. Through some trial and error, you can find which blocked domain is causing the problem.

Sorry, misunderstood your very first comment. I do not think those are the issue. They've been blacklisted from day one with no problem, and I already tried whitelisting them. It did not resolve the issue.

I would add that I can reinstall the app and it works for about an hour before cutting out again.

Put the Apple TV on a third party DNS service (not Pi-Hole) and see if the problem continues. If it does, the problem is not related to Pi-Hole. If the problem stops, then you will need additional study of your Pi-Hole log for all traffic out of the Apple TV to see what domains are blocked that result in the problem.

Ok. Standby. Thanks.

This might be a problem with my AppleTV. Investigating it's logs. Hopefully I will have something relevant for other users who might experience similar apps crashing.

I'm pretty lost as to what could be the cause. Initially, I thought it was Pi-Hole for two main reasons: time proximity to when I first initialized Pi-Hole, and the fact that I have 2 Apple TV's, with the identical problem occurring on both (same App - FoxNews).

1. When I erase the app and reinstall, it works for about an hour.
2. When I manually set the DNS to say, 8.8.8.8, within AppleTV settings, it doesn't fixes the issue.
These two things lead me to believe that PH is not the cause.

I have poured over ATV logs and there is one error in particular that stands out, but the online literature is nonexistent. I'm afraid it's above my pay grade. I won't even post it here.

I might try to factory reset one of the ATV's, but the odds seem extremely low that this will work, given that it's occurring on two of them.

One extra thing to note, even with PH on, streaming FN directly from their webpage works just fine...So, I have no idea what blacklisted items are causing this. I thought I whitelisted them all. This is so frustrating.

Update:

I think that the constant querying of

foxnews.hb.omtrdc.net

for whatever reason, is crashing the app. I finally have crash logs from ATV, and the only thread crashing is

Thread 2 name:  Dispatch queue: com.adobe.analytics.processing

Update 2: Having whitelisted the aforementioned domain (again), it seems to have finally stabilized.

Update 3: I have discovered that if Xfinity is your cable provider, you might still have some very annoying issues watching on ATV. I did not have this problem with Cox.